Telephone Interconnect for Two Way Radio Systems
Boost team productivity and reduce operational costs with the incorporation of telephone interconnect on your organisation’s telephony systems (GSM, VOIP/ PSTN). Working within a 20-mile radius of the radio infrastructure two-way radio users can dial a landline or mobile phone and speak directly to management, departments or fellow team members. Moreover, similar to a mobile phone, the radio software generates features such as call history, caller ID and contact address book.
Increase communications. Lower costs.
Across a multi-site manufacturing plant, supporting utility workers out in the field, on a remote university campus location or around a hotel property telephone interconnect helps you connect your team efficiently and cost-effectively.
This software application eliminates the need to carry multiple devices or pay multiple service bills. And to further your savings, you can leverage your existing Analogue Phone Patch (APP) box equipment. So if you’re using an analogue patch today, you can migrate to digital technology and simply transfer your APP box to the new system by setting it up with the digital telephone interconnect feature.
MOTOTRBO™ digital telephone interconnect connects radios to phones.
Digital Telephone Interconnect works seamlessly with your Motorola Solutions, MOTOTRBO portable and mobile two-way radios and operates on MOTOTRBO conventional, IP Site Connect and Capacity Plus digital systems. It allows MOTOTRBO radios to connect to your Corporate Office Phone System (PBX) or Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) by:
- Utilising a Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Analogue Phone Patch (APP) box
- The MOTOTRBO repeater communicates with your two-way radios
The MOTOTRBO Digital Telephone Interconnect feature uses a simplex mode of communication, where the line for a landline or mobile phone user is always “open”. When radio users need to speak, they simply press the push-to-talk (PTT) button on their radio. Once done speaking, the radio user releases the PTT to hear the landline or mobile phone user’s reply.
What market sectors could benefit from Telephone Interconnect?
- Manufacturing – Sales reps uses their mobile phones to call the shipping dock supervisor on his two-way radio to ensure their customer orders are shipped. By going directly to the dock, they improve customer service and satisfaction.
- Hospitality – Guests in a resort use a phone in the conference room to talk to maintenance staff on two-way radios about room temperature, lighting issues and more. By speaking with maintenance directly, action is expedited and customer service is improved.
- Private security – A security guard working the night shift alone uses his radio to call for assistance outside the coverage area. The guard doesn’t need to carry two devices (a two-way radio and phone) and the call goes through quickly to support personnel off-site. By contacting them directly, a response is mounted and safety is improved.
- Transportation – A delivery truck driver has a flat tire and needs a replacement. The driver uses his radio to call for help directly to a towing company and get back on the route faster. By calling directly, drivers stay on the road, reducing downtime and improving productivity.
Which manufacturers is this software compatible with?
Radiocoms Systems can connect either your Motorola Solutions, MOTOTRBO or Hytera , digital and TETRA two way radio systems to this solution.