Lone Worker Alarm and Man Down for Two Way Radio Systems
It is estimated that 6.8 million people in the United Kingdom are lone workers, which is 22% of the 31.2m UK working population. Statistics from the British Crime Survey suggest that as many as 150 and lone workers are attacked (physically or verbally) every single day.
Many businesses rely on staff working alone, so employers must ensure that the correct safety procedures are in place to protect them. Two-way radios offer an emergency SOS button, inbuilt lone worker alarm and man down features to keep you connected with your team in real-time.
How does the Lone Worker function work?
By definition, “lone workers are those who work by themselves without close or direct supervision”. Those that are self-employed, and work alone are also part of this group. Many businesses rely on staff working alone, so employers must ensure that procedures are in place to protect the safety of their staff.
One of the standard features available on Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO, Hytera and Entel two-way radios is ‘Lone Worker’ which gives a tone at regular intervals to which the lone-worker needs to respond to by pressing the PTT button. If the worker fails to respond, within the pre-defined time, the radio will then go into ‘emergency mode’ and help and support would be sent to them. However, the worker would need to be located first (GPS Tracking can assist with this).
Alarm and lone worker video.
Lone worker and man-down features.
- Emergency Button – Pressing the emergency button causes the radio to enter emergency state & request support
- Man-down alert (By algorithmic evaluation of radio orientation and movement)
- Pre-warning alert (Allows the worker to minimise false alarms)
- Advanced algorithm to minimise false alarm (e.g. when running)
- Heartbeat messaging (Positive confirmation of communications link)
- GPS report with positive confirmation of the location
- Radio to Radio emergency reports or radio to hosted application
- Easily enabled/disabled
- Simple Alarm Activation – A dedicated panic alarm giving peace of mind to your lone workers
- Fully Reportable – Significantly reduces financial risk to the business with a fully recordable and reportable system which can assist with insurance mitigation
- Position Reporting – Utilising built-in GPS the user location data information is sent to central-point during an emergency situation
- Lowers Costs – Deploy without the need for a second device
- Inclusive Emergency Calls – No monthly tariff charges