Keeping pipelines and sites secure and running safely and efficiently in the petrochemical industry with difficult operating environments presents constant challenges to the industry. These harsh environments mean that radio equipment needs to be robust enough to withstand extreme temperature, dust, noise, and moisture and be able to operate in hazardous environments. Site workers can be kept safe by two-way radio features such as lone worker and man down alarms, caller ID and GPS tracking, and there is a variety of automated process and alarms that can connect immediately with the appropriate emergency service providing peace of mind for staff. Multiple talk-groups can be enabled to stay in constant communication over long distances.
Two-way radios enable efficient communication between individuals and user groups across the entire site including:
• Access control
• Security control
• Control of heavy machinery.
• Emergency communications, e. g. fire evacuation
• Health and Safety
• Efficient communication. On some construction sites, there may be areas on site that may not pick up mobile phone coverage. Two-way radios have a much greater coverage and can work in places where mobile phones do not – through the use of leaky feeders or repeaters.
• Live communication- to be able to communicate with individuals or groups.
With the cancellation of the popular Motorola analogue Atex two way radio equipment, you may need to know what your product options are.
The latest range of digital Atex radios which are ideal for Petrochem / Oil & Gas companies looking to upgrade their analogue radios are:
- Motorola DP4000Ex digital or analogue series Atex handsets with integrated GPS, man-down, lone-worker
- Hytera PD785Ex digital or analogue Atex handsets
With the advent of digital two-way radio communications has come integrated IT solutions, such as TRBOnet and Smart PTT which allow remote terminals the ability to record all voices calls, receive emergency calls, track radios via GPS, make inbound and outbound telephone calls, email, SMS and much more.
Should your Petrochem site require a more specific requirement, a possible alternative could be an Atex Tetra two way radio Solution.
If you require even more flexibility then a new Android Atex mobile phone is now available, featuring a very useful dual-sim function.
Radiocoms supplies professional two-way radio systems to the petrochemical industry. If you would like to purchase, hire or lease two-way radio equipment, Radiocoms can meet your requirements.