Formally known as Service from the Start (SFS), Motorola Solutions has now replaced their extended warranty packages with Motorola Solutions Essential Services.
Although similar to the previous packages, there is one crucial difference with the Motorola Solutions Essential Services – if a radio does not have a live warranty or services package, it will not be possible to upgrade the radio firmware to a later version beyond version 2.10.5.
WHAT IS MOTOTRBO SOFTWARE?
MOTOTRBO Software refers to the firmware and application software for Infrastructure and Devices.
MOTOTRBO Software updates can be delivered either in a significant release or in an incremental version, which is an extension of the major release. Notable releases typically support new features for infrastructure and devices, whereas incremental releases typically deliver additional new features and defect repair.
KEY FACTORS OF THE NEW MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS MOTOTRBO WARRANTY PACKAGES
MOTOTRBO Standard Warranty
A standard warranty for MOTOTRBO repeater/ mobile/ radio is two years (excluding accessories antennas/batteries, etc.) and this warranty will include the benefit of all software update releases until the warranty period expires. When under warranty Radiocoms Systems Ltd cannot repair the unit, this will be sent to the Motorola service centre for warranty repair, approximate turnaround time 20 days.
Motorola Solutions Essential Services – MOTOTRBO Subscribers Essentials Service packages
There are three levels available with the extended warranty packages at the time of radio purchase:
- Essential five year includes – Software updates, technical and service desk support to open a ticket 24x7x365 and turnaround in under ten days.
- Essential with repair 5 year includes – As above but with 3-day priority repair (time in service centre) and return shipping.
- Advanced 5 year includes – As Essential 5 year but with one day priority repair (time in service centre), accidental damage repair and collect/return shipping.
MOTOTRBO Infrastructure Essential Service packages
There are three types of warranty packages available for infrastructure:
- Essential five year includes – Software updates, technical and service desk to open a ticket 24x7x365
- Advanced 5 year includes – Capacity Max only
- Advanced PLUS 5 year includes – Capacity Max only
For each of the above, options are then available for adding Hardware Repair or Hardware Repair with Advanced Replacement.
HOW DO I KEEP MY SYSTEM/DEVICES FULLY SUPPORTED FOR THE LIFECYCLE OF THE PRODUCTS?
The MOTOTRBO service packages are designed to provide clients with optimal life cycle support. The Essential and Advanced service tiers are designed to offer software and hardware support with enhanced service level agreements, making it easier for partners/ customers to understand the range of support and targeted outcomes.
The Essential package gives you the security of receiving the latest software updates and support from Motorola Solutions Technical Support Engineers. Advanced packages provide all services available in the Essential package plus network updates, as well as the possibility for system remote monitoring. All packages offer optional hardware repair beyond the warranty period.
WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF EACH MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS ESSENTIAL SERVICES PACKAGE?
Each of the MOTOTRBO Essential service packages is sold in three year increments. If purchased at the time of sale, the service package benefits will uplift the two year product warranty and provide the service package benefits over a total of 5 years (2 year warranty + 3 year service package).
NEW SERVICE PACKAGE POLICY
With the launch of the new services comes the MOTOTRBO Software Support Policy, and this will apply to all products at firmware R2.10 and beyond.
Having a support contract on the radio/base station will mean the following:
- You will have the latest software updates
- Access to Motorola Technical Support for the products
- Your infrastructure will be tested for voice and features on current software release and voice on previous software release (Going forward)
- All your devices will be tested for voice and features on the three previous software, e.g. Software release 2.10 for devices will have been tested for voice and feature compatibility back to version 2.7. Please note this does not mean it will not work with previous releases; it will just not have been fully tested.
WHEN CAN SERVICE PACKAGES BE PURCHASED?
Software packages can be purchased when your equipment is purchased, during the warranty period or after the warranty period:
- At the time of radio purchase: quote the option number for the desired essential service package when ordering and the package will be added to the radio and tracked by serial number. This package will last for five years (warranty plus 3) and is the lowest purchasable service.
- In or Out of warranty: If an essential service package is not purchased before receiving your equipment any purchase of a service package can only be activated by quotation. This considers the age and remaining warranty period on each product. It will allow for all items to then come out of service at the same time and ready for renewal at a later date.
Note: Equipment that is long discontinued (i.e. DP3000, DR3000, etc.), cannot have a service package purchased.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT TO TAKE AN MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS ESSENTIAL SERVICES PACKAGE?
- Equipment within warranty only and no service package: Software Updates and Service Packages – For products that are within warranty but have no service package, software updates and releases will be available for upgrade as usual and until the warranty period ceases. Radios can be sent to the Motorola service centre for repair under warranty with a turnaround time of up to 20 days at the service centre.
- Equipment out of warranty and no service package: Software Updates – For products that are out of warranty and have no service package, software updates and releases will be available free of charge, up to Version 2.10.5 only. It is possible to buy a service package for five years on software upgrades and three years on repairs. This can be generated by Radiocoms using the Motorola services quotation tool but only on products that are supported.
- Equipment currently under SFS contract – This equipment will continue to receive the same service until your contract ends, including software updates.
- Discontinued products: Software Updates – Any products that have been long discontinued cannot have a services package applied. In this case, it is possible to bring radios up to software version 2.10.5 free of charge. Products that are newly discontinued may have service packages remaining available on the Motorola quotation tool. Long discontinued products like the DR3000 will not qualify for service packages.
Let’s work together – Contact Radiocoms Systems Ltd:
> Connect with us
Connect with your Account Manager and
our team on LinkedIn here