Motorola Solutions have responded to the rapidly evolving situation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and have offered their WAVE™ free WAVE Service App for 3 months* to key organisations and their employees.
The WAVE app enables a service on a device (mobile phone, tablet, PC) that gives users the speed and simplicity of a professional radio PTT communication with the ability to share details via text, photo, video or file attachment. All users can be maintained and monitored through central dispatcher software which allows the organisation to see who is online and their location.
Additional benefits include report logs mapping and group calls.
If your organisation already utilises Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO two way radios on your site, Radiocoms can offer a bridge to allow communication between the two, therefore, connecting remote workers off-site.
As a partner of Motorola Solutions, Radiocoms Systems Ltd can assist key workers in redeeming the free WAVE Service App offer. Once the organisations and users details have been verified, they will be given access to the system via a mobile phone app which can be downloaded via the Apple, Android or Google stores.
Motorola Solutions Statement “As an organisation at the forefront of innovation and ability, Motorola Solutions feel it is our duty to offer our services during these unprecedented times. With the support of our channel partners, we will be offering the free WAVE Service App.”
Am I a key worker?
Key workers are classed as people whose jobs are vital to public health and safety during the coronavirus lockdown. Because their work is so vital, the Government is keen to ensure that they are able to carry out their jobs with as little restriction as possible.
- Health and social care – All NHS staff, including administrative and cleaning workers. Frontline health and social care staff such as doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, plus support and specialist staff in the health and social care sector.
- Education and childcare – Nursery, teachers, teaching assistants and social workers.
- Food and other necessary goods – Food chain workers – production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery of goods.
- Key public services – Postal workers, those required to run the justice system, religious staff, and those responsible for managing the deceased, and journalists providing public service broadcasting.
- Local and national government – Local and national government workers delivering essential public services.
- Utility workers – Employees within civil nuclear, chemical, electricity, gas, postal/courier services, oil, sewerage and water
- Public safety and national security – Police and support staff, MOD civilian staff and armed forces personnel, fire and rescue staff, and workers responsible for border security, prisons and probation.
- Transport – Air, water, road, and rail passenger and freight transport.
Availability is subject to individual country law and regulations.
All specifications shown are typical unless otherwise stated and are subject to change without notice.
*The WAVE service is being offered free of charge for the next 3 months ending on 30th June 2020. Normal terms and conditions apply.
Number of subscriptions may be restricted.