To discuss any points raised in this article please contact Radiocoms on:
033 3939 0022 | email@example.com | Chat Live
Professor Mike Barer from the University of Leicester told The Metro any surface that has been contaminated by coughing, sneezing, or even breathing is potentially infectious. Experts do not yet know how long the virus that causes COVID-19 can survive on surfaces, but most other viruses can live on plastic surfaces for up to nine days (In comparison, flu viruses can last on surfaces for only about 48 hours.)
Radio communication, body-worn cameras & accessory fleets can vary from personal issue to shared devices. Radiocoms has put together steps to ensure you keep your communications equipment clean.
1. UNPLUG – Firstly, ensure that your radio device is turned off and unplugged from its power source.
2. DO NOT SUBMERGE – Even though a sizeable amount of hand portables are water-resistant and manufactured to a rating of IP67/IP68, Radiocoms advise against submerging in water or a cleaning agent.
3. SUITABLE CLEANING SOLUTIONS – Do not spray cleaners directly onto your two-way radio, and avoid aerosol sprays, bleaches, and abrasives which can have an effect on plastic and metal platings.
You can utilise an anti-bacterial wipe or over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with at least 70% alcohol concentration to disinfect the outside of your portable radio. When cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, the alcohol should never be applied directly to the device, ensuring you dry it with a microfibre cleaning cloth. It is important not to get any liquid in the charging/accessory port or porous areas like speakers.
Avoid wiping excessively as this could cause damage.
4. CLEANING THE KEYPAD – A canned air-duster is a good way to clean out the keypad, and you can also utilise a microfibre cleaning cloth or small brush to remove dirt. There are also plastic-safe, lint-free tech-friendly alcohol wipes.
5. SCREEN – If your portable radio has a screen, you can utilise spray cleaners that are designed for electronic screens, cleaning from top to bottom. Never press hard on the screen you are cleaning and remember a little goes a long way. Do not use water!
6. AUDIO ACCESSORIES – Radiocoms recommend that audio accessories are issued on a personal basis to avoid hygiene concerns. When cleaning your audio accessories, the same rules apply:
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|