How can Edesix Wearable Security Solutions Benefit your Organisation and offer Employee Safety?
Having the right tools and processes in place when it comes to assisting in preventing workplace violence is becoming a necessity for many organisations in the public and private sector. Just as PPE is essential for many workforces throughout the UK to carry out a role, there is now an increasing requirement for wearable devices and solutions to offer employee safety.
Edesix is one organisation that is remaining at the forefront of Body Worn Camera Solutions – wearable technologies, delivering multiple functionalities in real time within one user-friendly device. Their products meet with the Home Office Surveillance Code of Practice, incorporating both audio and video recording:
- An outward facing wide-angle and, 130-degree horizontal view
- Simple push front button to start recording
- Low light gathering capabilities
- Up to 14 hours of recording (VB 340)
- RFID device assignment and WiFi connectivity
- Anti-interference shielding which offers built in radio anti-interference shield tested against Police TETRA and general two-way radio comms (VT 50 Video badge.)
HSE Reports on Violence at work
Body worn devices/cameras offer transparent protection for roles in fire & rescue services, logistics & transport, healthcare, sports & leisure, waste & recycling and security, for example. A recent article highlighted how body cameras had been trialled in mental health at West London NHS trust, and Berrywood hospital, part of Northamptonshire healthcare NHS foundation trust (NHFT) where there was a notable reduction in antisocial and aggressive behaviour. Whilst a retailer (a user of Edesix) reported a 34% decrease in violent incidents in the first year at trial stores. Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service along with other FRS services across the Uk, have also started to introduce body worn devices to increase measures of protection for their firefighting teams.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) report demonstrates that violence in the workplace can vary from verbal abuse to physical. By introducing Bodyworn solutions, you have a practical and versatile end-to-end solution where contesting evidence can be reduced and offer a fast route to closure with a complaint or court case.
Adults experienced violence at work in 2017/18
- There were an estimated 694,000 incidents of violence at work, comprising of 330,000 assaults and
364,000 threats. This compares to an estimated 642,000 incidents in 2016/17.
- The 2017/18 CSEW found that 1.4% of women and 1.5% of men were victims of violence at work once or
more during the year prior to their interview.
- 54% of work-place violence offenders were strangers. Among the 46% of incidents where the offender
was known, they were most likely to be clients or a member of the public known through work.
|694,000 – Incidents of violence at work in 2017/18 (CSEW)||374,000 – Adults experienced violence at work in 2017/18 (CSEW)|
Types of injury resulting from assaults, 2017/18 (percentage of all assaults resulting in each injury type)
Who is Edesix?
- Edesix was established in 2002 as a supplier and manufacturer of Body Worn Camera Solutions for many frontline industries.
- Motorola Solutions acquired Edesix in January 2019.
- Edesix products are designed to provide users with a full security solution fitting their needs, infrastructure and industry.
- The Edesix Solution is designed to scale with business needs and growth. Works as effectively with one badge as it does with ten thousand.
Devices and Services
|VideoTag Series||VideoBadge VB-300||VideoManager|
|The Edesix VideoTag Series VT-50 is the smallest, lightest and most discreet incident recorder available. Learn More>||This Body Worn Cam boasts a Bluetooth holster sensor integration, a ruggedised exterior, IP67 rating, dual-band Wi-Fi, GPS, and full 1080p HD recording. Learn More>||VideoManager is the most advanced software tool for managing video footage, system users, and your suite of Body Worn Cameras. Learn More>|
How does Edesix ensure Compliance with Surveillance and Data Protection?
All compliance controls are built-in as standard
- RIPA compliance – The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. The VideoBadge does not require RIPA authority to use, as is overt recording.
- Surveillance compliance – VideoBadge front display, access restrictions and system controls for data management, provide compliance to Home Office – Surveillance Code of Practice.
- Data protection – VideoBadge encryption-protected recordings, access restrictions, system controls and audit trail for Information Commissioner Office compliance.
Edesix Post Event Reporting
Any recording that contains information that supports findings in a workplace investigation can be retained as evidence, providing a fully reportable, audit trail. VideoManager is an advanced software tool for managing video footage, system users & your suite of Cameras. This web-based back-office gives you complete control over your entire complement of VideoBadges & VideoTag cameras.
- Data retention controls – Automatic configurable footage management policies protect your evidential footage, but destroy aged non-evidential video without user intervention.
- Comprehensive audit trail – Automatic logging actions performed, including audited access to your footage and devices. Understand all edits, viewings and shares of each piece of footage.
- Sophisticated footage search – VideoManager allows searching by filter for operator, date, time or VideoBadge number. Detailed thumbnail view is available for rapid manual scanning of content.
- Security access permissions – Multiple permission
groups, are supplied, which can be configured to match your end-user workflow. Each level of a user has access only to the tools they need.
- RFID compatible – Allows rapid RFID self assignment of VideoBadge. Use RFID to ensure you know who is using your cameras and when. Perfect for pool or personal use.
Talk to Radiocoms Systems Ltd about your employee safety requirements and how to introduce Body Worn Devices into your current communication systems –