No magic charms, spells or wizardry were required to roll out the MOTOTRBO DP1400 two way radios to the Harry Potter 9 ¾ store at Kings Cross Station
Harry Potter is a name that people of all ages are familiar with. An exciting tourist attraction for any fan is The Harry Potter Shop at Platform ¾. It is the perfect location to stock up on Wizarding World supplies, and have your photo taken at the famous Platform 9 ¾.
The store which is situated at King’s Cross Station, London is a constant hive of activity. Kings Cross welcomes in access of 176 million visitors per year with its neighbouring St. Pancras International, 12 million of those visiting come specifically to shop. With the high level of footfall in store and around the 9 ¾ trolley photography point the team required a reliable form of communications to keep staff, security and their visitors safe.
Due to the close proximity of the team there was no requirement to boost coverage through a repeater system, therefore, Radiocoms recommended the Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO DP1400 digital hand portable two-way radio which offers both durability and simplistic features.
After obtaining a personalised OFCOM radio licence to ensure complete privacy, the hand portables were set up in a simple back to back mode and every user was issued with a covert earpiece to ensure any sensitive information is only heard by the team working there.
The new radio system has delivered streamlined communications between the team and is helping to drive real improvements in store standards & customer experience.
FEATURES & BENEFITS OF THE MOTOTRBO DP1400 TWO WAY RADIO
As part of the MOTOTRBO family of radios, the DP1400 radio has:
- Superior digital noise cancelling – the radio’s digital noise-cancelling software filters out the worst of the background noise, allowing broadcasts to be heard clearly in loud environments.
- Automatic Gain Control – automatically compensates for changes in voice level, whether you are speaking softly or loudly, turning your head, or moving the microphone further away from your mouth.
- Long-lasting battery life – with the Lithium Ion Battery technology you can work for upto 40% longer, providing constant communications for longer shifts.
- Supports simple priority functionality and basic privacy features – supplied as standard every radio comes programmed with 16-bit encryption ensuring your communications are not being intercepted .
- Transmit Interrupt Capability – enables a supervisor to interrupt a DP1400 user to deliver critical communication exactly when and where it’s needed.
These benefits ensure that important calls always get through and that no calls get compromised.
ABOUT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS DIGITAL RADIO TECHNOLOGY
MOTOTRBO™ is a complete range of two-way radio equipment based on the international standard DMR, Digital Mobile Radio. Almost all models can be used in both digital and analogue modes. MOTOTRBO™ is also the world’s most popular series of products for digital two-way radio communications, with millions of users globally.
The digital technology powering MOTOTRBO™ provides better performance like improved battery life, increased capacity and more even audio regardless of surroundings. The IP-based architecture also provides support for productivity enhancing applications like control room solutions, positioning services, telemetry, etc.
By being backwards compatible, MOTOTRBO™ infrastructure allows the use of both analogue and digital devices simultaneously which enables analogue users to upgrade their equipment in their own pace.
Are you looking for a radio solution for your tourist attraction? Let’s work together.
You can meet the Radiocoms team at the forthcoming, Family Attraction Expo, or simply contact Radiocoms today to discuss how we can assist in connecting your team.