BY FOLLOWING THESE FIVE STEPS YOU CAN CREATE A MISSION CRITICAL BLUETOOTH ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR TWO-WAY RADIOS AND MITIGATE THESE RISKS
Bluetooth technology is everywhere. Originally devised to replace cables, Bluetooth has evolved from the short-range wireless connectivity standard into something much bigger. Since it was first developed in 1994, over 9 billion devices have been shipped and, as every second passes, more than 57 Bluetooth-enabled devices are released to the consumer and enterprise markets.
Fast, secure and always-on communications. These fundamental principles of mission-critical communications underpin the design of reliable two-way radios that provide a lifeline for frontline staff. With the increasing adoption of secure Bluetooth enabled two-way radios, organisations need to invest in technologies that combine the usability benefits of wireless connectivity with uncompromising performance. Making the wrong choices can result in serious information security breaches and communication failures with potentially life-threatening consequences.
FIVE STEPS TO SECURE BLUETOOTH SECURITY
- STEP ONE: Ensure that all wireless devices support Bluetooth V2.1 or later.
- STEP TWO: Implement a white list of trusted devices in all secure Bluetooth-enabled radios.
- STEP THREE: Always pair your Bluetooth audio accessories with radios that integrate fast wireless push-to-talk.
- STEP FOUR: Ensure that your Bluetooth devices are powered by batteries with sufﬁcient capacity to support a 10 hour work shift, based on the dominant usage proﬁle.
- STEP FIVE: Ensure that your Bluetooth headsets have been designed to minimise the mouth-to-microphone distance.
Motorola Solutions offer their own EP900ew Bluetooth Earpiece which is compatible with a number of Motorola Solutions two-way radios and products. Read more about this earpiece here>
Let’s work together – Contact Radiocoms Systems Ltd:
> Connect with us
Connect with your Account Manager and
our team on LinkedIn here
Source: Motorola Solutions White paper.